Sunday, March 10, 2013

Window.....


When taking this photo, I was thinking of looking through a window to a secret garden. As I was processing it in Lightroom today, my son shared with me that he has been recently thinking of a family friend who had passed away just over a year ago. He shared that he had some tears, and misses her a lot.
  Shawna was a wonderful friend to me, like a sister. She has known the boys for their entire life...and in a sense,was a second mother figure to them. They were blessed to have her in their life. We are all mourning her loss still and will always remember the time we have had with her. This photo means so much more to me now knowing that my teenaged son shared these vulnerable feelings with me at the same time.
 Thanks for that Shawna.
 This may sound corny and silly, but perhaps this window is not a gateway to a secret garden after all. It's a window to my son's heart.
 I like that idea.

1 comment: